We pride ourselves on providing high-quality and long-lasting jewelry pieces. To ensure that your jewelry stays in optimal condition, we recommend the following care tips for different types of jewelry
- Avoid wearing your jewelry while swimming, showering, or exercising, as these activities can cause damage or discoloration.
- Apply makeup, lotion, and perfume before putting on your jewelry to prevent discoloration and damage.
- Store your jewelry in a cool, dry place, preferably in a jewelry box or a pouch, to protect it from scratches, tarnish, or discoloration.
- Clean your jewelry regularly with a soft cloth or a mild soap and water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives, as these can damage the metal or stones.
- Be mindful of the type of metal and stones your jewelry is made of, as some materials may require special care. For example, gold plated jewelry may require more frequent cleaning to maintain its shine.
Our gold vermeil jewelry is crafted with a 3-micron layer of solid gold on a sterling silver base. It is marked with a 925 or 825 stamp, indicating the base material is sterling silver. To care for your gold vermeil jewelry, avoid scratching it, as this can cause discoloration. Remove your jewelry before exercising or heavy lifting to prevent bending, which can also lead to discoloration. Avoid direct contact with chemicals such as lotions, perfumes, and chlorine. To clean, gently buff with a dry microfiber cloth and store in a dry space when not worn.
Our sterling silver jewelry is crafted with 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% other nickel-free metals (or 82.5% pure silver and 17.5% other nickel-free metals for 825 sterling silver). To care for your silver jewelry, avoid bending or breaking it, and avoid contact with chemicals and chlorine. To clean, soap under the shower or in a bowl with warm water and detergent-free soap. For severe discoloration, use a mixture of warm water, baking soda, and detergent-free soap. Dry with a soft cloth and polish with a polishing cloth.
Our pearls are carefully selected cultivated pearls from oysters and freshwater mussels. To care for your pearl jewelry, put it on last and take it off first. Avoid excessive temperatures and chemicals, such as hair spray, hair dye, and perfume, and avoid chlorine. To clean, wipe with a soft and clean cloth after each wear and store individually in a dry place when not worn. Clean with a soft cloth moistened with water and a small amount of detergent-free soap.
By following these care tips, your FG jewelry will continue to look beautiful for years to come. If you have any questions about the care of your specific piece, please don't hesitate to contact us.